As usual, life is busy, and I haven't had time to blog about what's been going on. Quick recap since my last post....
That leaves us to today....
- Friday: Christmas party at our friends house, which BTW, she has a food blog: http://cubicle2kitchen.com/
- Saturday: Heroes (Military Vets) versus Legends (Pro Athletes) Softball Game and a Tree Trimming Party at another friends house
- Sunday: Church, where I was the cantor/soloist, errands in Orlando, and then I went to sell CDs at my church for a fundraiser, while my husband was at Youth Ministry, working with the church teens
- Monday: Work, work, work, plus chores that were left over from the weekend
- Tuesday: More work, plus some volunteer work speaking to the Merrit Island high school students about future career preparation and education as a mentor. This is geared towards high school students who plan on becoming engineers after they graduate. Then at night, we had Theology on Tap learning about the story of Santa Claus, aka Saint Nicholas.
So, today, I'm supposed to go to choir practice, but I need to work late tonight so I will miss out. :( I hate missing practice, but my job is priority. However, my girlfriends are hosting a VS PJ party tonight, and luckily, late enough that I can make it, even if I have to stay at work late. Essentially, the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show was on at 10pm in Florida, and we all have to work, so that was way too late. So what my friend did was DVR it to watch tonight. We're all going to go over, and watch it in our PJs with some awesome cocktails and snacks. Very excited to spend time with my girls!
So, now that you're all caught up, I really wanted to talk about some things that have come up regarding my YouTube channel. If you follow me on Facebook or Twitter, I have been talking a lot about 3rd party partnerships.
Long story short, I was seeing a lot of my YouTube friends getting full brand partnership lately, and I really wanted to know how they managed to get it. With YouTube, old standards of full brand partnership required a minimum of 100,000 views and I believe an average of 1,000 views or more/day or something like that. Either way, I'm far from it. I know they are expanding the options to more YouTube users, but I was being impatient and started looking for 3rd party.
After some digging, I saw that many of the girls I know were getting their Partnership via PopSugar or StyleHaul. I went to each group and asked them what are the requirements, and ended up getting an offer from PopSugar (have yet to hear from StyleHaul). After talking with the rep for some time, I felt very good and was very excited. However, once I fully read the terms and agreement, I went back and talked to a few of my wonderful YouTube friends to get their take on the whole thing. After much debate, I decided that I would rather NOT have full branding options (i.e. custom YouTube banner and custom subscribe button) via 3rd party and would rather wait until YouTube offers it.
The original YouTube beauty gurus had to patiently wait, so I will do the same. They are getting 100% revenue and don't partner, so I would like to follow in their footsteps and do the same. I know many of them didn't like the fact that smaller YouTubers were getting partnership benefits so early anyway, since they had to work so hard for them, it seemed unfair. But I see what the pay off is to wait, and so that's what I'll do. Wait.
At this point, I am already a YouTube partner. I have monetization already enabled. The only thing is that I don't have a custom YouTube channel page. I really wanted it, but not so much to give up a large portion of my 'future' revenue. I say 'future' because I'm not big enough to earn anything right now, but I also don't want to be tied into a contract where IF I ever get big, I'd be giving up a chunk of it to PopSugar/Fullscreen or StyleHaul/Machima (not sure I spelled that right).
Anyway, I don't want to post what PopSugar offered me on my blog, as this is public, but if you are really interested, DM me on Twitter or Facebook, and I can give you some info/insight.
Copyright (Missing Videos)
On another note, while I patiently wait to get full brand partnership (not just monetization) from YouTube, I want to make sure everything on my channel is legit. There are a handful of videos that have some music that is royalty free, but not allowed to be used for advertising, so I have been deleting videos from my channel that might be controversial or have a possible copyright issue.
That being said, some of these videos are so old that I can't repost them without completely refilming them, or can only post them with NO audio. So, I'm on the fence about how I want to approach this. If you have any suggestions, please let me know. I've deleted about 10-12 videos, but these are the ones that I'm sad to let go:
In the mean time, I am going to look for new royalty free music that I can purchase and use for future videos. If you guys know of a great site, please let me know!
- Circus Yellow and Navy Water Marble Tutorial (most popular; sad to see that it is gone)
- Fall Favorites Day Time Smokey Eye Tutorial
- How I Prep My Nails
- Ghosts and Ghouls Nail Tutorial
- Circus Wavy Nail Tutorial
- Get Ready with Me Collab Video with SeantaMarie
- Get Ready with Me Weekend Shopping
I know it was long, but if you read it all, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! Also, please feel free to chat me up, I'm on Facebook and Twitter all the time.
Labels: blogging, brand partnership, copyright, Life, partnership, third party partnership, youtube