Kraft Recipe: Chocolate Covered Oreo Balls


First of all, I can't take any credit for the recipe!!! I can only take credit for making them and taking pictures of my attempt. 

I got it off of Kraft.com. They have amazing, EASY recipes. 

OREO Cookie Balls

 http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/oreo-cookie-balls-126799.aspx


 

Ingredient List



♥ 1 pkg.  (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

♥ 1 pkg (14.3 oz.) or 36  OREO Cookies, finely crushed (about 3 cups)

♥ 4 pkg.  (4 oz. each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, broken into pieces, melted (as you can see, I used Ghirardelli Baking Chocolate instead)

Instructions 


Since I am lazy and didn't want to do the old method of crushing OREOs with a rolling pin and ziplock bag, I put them in my food processor ;)

 

Pulverize until it is combined. Mine turned into a powder, with a light dough like texture due to the cream. It turned out darker than I thought.
 

Next, add softened cream cheese and combine. 
TIP: put the cream cheese on the counter 30min to an hour prior to making to soften your cream cheese. 
 

Once combined, refrigerate. I didn't want to clean another bowl, so I cooled it in the food processor bowl ;) 
Laziness = efficient. lol.
 

While that is cooling, chop up your bars of chocolate. I actually managed to cover most of the balls with only two bars. To be safe, use at least 3... 4 if you want to be generous. ;)
 

Now, this part is crazy... because I forgot to take a picture. I was trying to do this so quickly.
(Not Pictured) Create small one inch balls out of the OREO mix and set aside on wax paper on a baking sheet. You should be able to make 30-48 balls depending on how big you make them. I made exactly 30.

Once formed, melt your chocolate. You can do this in the microwave of 50% power, 30 seconds at a time, until melted. If you want more consistent chocolate, I recommend a double boiler, or like what I did... small pot with water, and glass bowl over the pot. Make sure the bowl does NOT touch the water. You'll end up with burnt chocolate. 
TIP:  bring the water up to a simmer, then place the bowl of chopped chocolate over the simmering water. Stir frequently and allow to melt. DO NOT raise the temperature to speed this up. It WILL burn.
 

Once melted, start dipping. I couldn't get a picture as I had to move quickly as the chocolate solidifies pretty quickly.  I used a fork and spatula to dip. Place them back on the wax paper to prevent sticking.
 

Refrigerate 1 hour or until firm! Done!!! They were super delicious. 

Tonight, I will be making white chocolate ones. They will be for work. I'll try to post pictures if I remember to take them ;)

If you want to see more recipes or have any suggestions or recommendations, please send me a message, send me a tweet, post on my Facebook or comment below! 


Thanks for reading/watching!



Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,